WHO IS DIVINE CURLS?
Divine Curls was founded by me, Davonne. I’m a Munich transplant, originally hailing from Boston (USA). After arriving in Germany, I was faced with the common challenge many culturally diverse women face: What in the world am I going to do with my hair here?!
After a botched relaxer and several failed attempts with different hair stylists, I decided I needed a drastic change – I needed to kick my creamy crack habit. I got off “the crack” February 2012 and I haven’t looked back! I will admit – I wasn’t completely opened to the idea at first. I was practically forced to go natural because no one in Germany knew how to care for my hair like I was used to back home. Plus, I got tired of trying to explain what I wanted done to my hair with my basic-level German.
In the meantime, as a busy mom, I’m always looking for easy-to-do hairstyles that are still stylish and preserve my natural hair. And since many hair products for natural haired girls are not widely available in Germany, I started making my own hair creams, gels, shampoos, deep conditioners, hair rinses, etc.
That’s when I decided that I needed to change the game in Germany. Why shouldn’t curly-haired women have the same product availability?
Whether you have wavy, curly or kinky hair – you’ve come to the right spot! Feel free to shop around, contribute in the comments section or share your expertise.
10 TIDBITS ABOUT ME
1. I have a Bachelor’s degree in marketing and started my career at software technology companies, writing marketing content and managing international marketing campaigns.
2. My scariest moment in life was being charged at by a female lion in South Africa. My heart stopped and I froze in fear of turning my back on her to run away.
3. I lived in Uijeongbu, South Korea.
4. I was born in Los Angeles, California.
5. While visiting China, I ate an appetizer of bees, silk worms and grasshoppers. All were equally delicious.
6. My first car was a Toyota Paseo in which I would blast Destiny’s Child or Outkast on my way to school.
7. My guilty pleasure – I love Dr. Pimple Popper. And watching trashy reality TV shows.
8. I won the “Best Dressed” senior superlative in high school.
9. I hate chocolate and mint mixed together, except Thin Mints Girl Scout Cookies.
10. Secretly fed my husband spaghetti Bolognese with tofu, which he hates, and told him it was shredded chicken.